:: The New Mason Jar ::
I loved mason jars. I loved them so much, they were original, different, inexpensive and easy to source. However kinda like that Lean Cuisine meal you've had for lunch everyday since New Year's its become a bit...played out. However there is an exception - actual vintage mason jars and the blue mason jars - those are so pretty. Do not fret - I have a economical and better solution to the fall of the Mason Jar:
I found these cute little buggers while shopping at Terrain in Westport and just noticed as I attached the link that I paid literally double what I could get them for online. I should have known that a home & garden store with valet parking wouldn't pride themselves on being the best price in town. I hope Nick is not reading this....:-/
These juice jars are awesome for so many reasons:
- They come in three different sizes, allowing them to be versatile within your wedding decor theme while keeping your containers consistent.
- They are inexpensive! The 1/2 liter (pictured) is $3 without a coupon!
- The mouth of the Juice Jar is smaller than the mason jar allowing you to use less flowers to fill them = cost savings.
- They are prettier than a mason jar as they are tall and have a great shape with a long neck, like Gisele Bundchen.
- The logo on the bottle is even cute - a little strawberry? Love.
To demonstrate my love affair with these fabulous juice jars I did a side my side comparison with some Whole Foods flowers to show the difference:
Here's another round:
I would recommend using these for long tables or in clusters. One of these filled with flowers will not look proportional on a 60" table, add more jars, or add smaller bud vases around for a unique and different approach to a centerpiece. Add ribbon around the neck for more color, spray paint the bottom for a more mod look - Short story long they are super versatile and could be customized to your wedding's look and feel.
What side are you on? Ball or Weck? Leave a comment below or post your vote on my FACEBOOK page.
Until next time,
PS - I have these in my "Stock of Stuff"!