:: Vendors That Pop: Giggar Makeup Artistry ::
I am so excited for the first installment of the "Vendors that Pop!" series where we will be featuring some of the best of the best vendors in the Connecticut & New York wedding scene! First up is Ms. Sarah Giggar of Giggar Makeup Artistry!
Also! A very special shout out to my amazing friend Amy who came up with the series name on an informal contest on our Facebook page! Absolutely perfect!! Thank you!!
AC: In no more than 5 bullet pointed sentences - How did a little mid-west girl find yourself as a fabulous NYC/CT entrepreneur & owner of GMUA?
- I've always known I wanted to do work I love. I love beauty, education & helping people...so...I think I succeeded. ; )
- I come from a family of entrepreneurs/small business owners...it's in the DNA I guess!
- Once, while feeling uncertain of my next big move, I spun a globe and set my finger down...it landed on NY. True story.
- I like lobster & sail boats. Montana doesn't have lobster & sail boats.
- I needed a new audience for all my amazing jokes & stories.
AC: What is your favorite part of completing a client's makeup?
The reaction : ) the "Oh my gosh I LOVE it"...or the "WOW" and the "glow"/extra spring in the step after...I think looking good essential to helping you feel good, and it shows!
AC: Makeup aside, what other services do you offer keeping your clients looking absolutely amazing everyday?
As a licensed aesthetician (for 10 years now) I offer complexion perfecting facials & chemical peels, expert eyebrow shaping and to die for eyelash extensions. If you're interested in makeup but don't have an event anytime soon - book a makeup know how for techniques & tips to take your application skill to the next level!
Be SURE to check out Sarah's Blog on eyelash extensions AKA "Jazz Hands for your Peepers" by clicking HERE! I've had them for almost 6 months and I absolutely cannot.live.without.them. Bonus- Sarah is running a special for new clients! HIGHLY Recommended!
Photo Credit: Robert Norman Photography, Youa Vang, Ashley Therese Photography, Brooke Allison Photography
Until next time!