[ACE 8 - For The Love of Cape Cod]
For the first 22 years of my life, I spent a few weeks every summer on the Cape. It is a place that holds such a special spot in my heart and some of the best memories of my childhood & early adult hood were made there with my family and friends. When coming up with ideas for this ACE 8, the first thing that came to mind were the colors seen spanning the homes & beaches from Falmouth to Provincetown - grey tones, shades of blue, and tons and tons of white. So this week I am focusing on not only on those traditional colors & but some classic Cape Cod decor & styles to create the perfect wedding, on or off the beach!
1. Escort Cards - Using driftwood or seashells for escort cards are the perfect way to welcome your guests to the party! Have a specialty calligrapher or printer display their name & table number in a beautiful, classic font for a more formal look.
2. Flowers - Stick with white & ivory color flowers for your bouquets & centerpieces. Add a little Dusty Miller or a pale pink or coral flower to brighten it up if that is more of your style. I think when it comes to a Cape Cod flower design, less is most definitely more.
3. Tablescape - I love the idea of a nautical striped table runner or dish laid onto of a beautiful grey linen tablecloth! Don't go overboard with the stripes, but strategically placing a few here and there to make a statement is a great way to pull these looks together. The primarily grey tones on the table will remind your guests of every other house you pass on your drive to dinner or the beach. Its the perfect way to use this neutral in your reception space.
4. The Ladies - The simple seersucker sash, or the pattern shoe is a simple and elegant way to add a little touch of the Cape to your look. If bride want to stay more traditional, you can always accomplish the same look through your bridal party! Don't be afraid to do a little something different, because these are just two of the classic Cape Cod styles that people know and love!
5. Table Numbers - Instead of using the traditional numerical numbers to identify each table, use your favorite Cape Cod beach names, towns or streets that are special to you to add a more personal touch to each table.
6. The Lounge - Having a lounge area for your guests to relax between songs is something we are seeing more & more of lately. To accomplish a Cape Cod looking and feeling lounge, pick plenty of white wood furniture, especially Adirondack chairs, and a neutral cushion. Add some pillows with a pattern or your monogram for some personal touches.
7. The Guys - Grey, grey and grey. This is one MUST for the guys in your bridal party. I love the idea of a short suit, or possibly multiple tones of grey suits throughout the bridal party. A skinny blue tone tie or bow tie will look amazing with any shade of grey. Then just add a simple striped ribbon or rope to the boutonnieres to tie the look together.
8. Decor - Old ship wheels, globes, anchors or lanterns act as the perfect miscellaneous decor items to pop into different areas of your venue. Take a look through some antique marine stores in the small shopping villages of Hyannis or Welfleet, or do some online vintage shopping to find amazing pieces that you can use for your wedding, and the re-purpose in your home as well!
xo :: Lindsey